New Medicare Premium and Deductible Charges for 2007
The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) has announced the new Medicare premiums and deductibles. As previously reported Medicare Part B premiums are increasing by 13.2 percent. CMS claims the increase is due to increased use of Part B services.
Here are all the new Medicare figures:
- Part B premium: $93.50/month (was $88.50)
- Part B deductible: $131 (was $124)
- Part A deductible: $992 (was $952)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 61-90: $248/day (was $238)
- Co-payment for hospital stay days 91 and beyond: $496/day (was $476) (Lifetime reserve days)
- Skilled nursing facility co-payment, days 21-100: $124/day (was $119)
For more information about the changes in Medicare premiums from Medicare Click Here.
For More information about the changes in Medicare premiums from advocates. Click Here
<< Return to Article Index
Philadelphia, PA - 215-331-0500 •
Cherry Hill, NJ - 856-429-0200 •
Media, PA - 610-565-6180
Copyright © 2017 Mark Freeman, Esq.
Attorney practicing elder law and dedicated to protecting your family's assets from the cost of nursing home care.